Log for October 7 & 8 – Training for Bank of America Chicago Marathon on October 9th. Goal for the fall and winter marathon season is to break 3:15 for the first time.
Friday & Saturday
- This is It – Since my last training run was on Thursday night, this will be my last log entry related to Chicago Marathon training. While I try to stay in marathon shape year-round, my official training for this race started back on July 4th, 97 days ago. Here are some statistics from my training:
* Total running distance: 576-miles / 81 hours 51 minutes.
(Completed 206-miles just in the month of August)
* Total time cross training: 24 hours
* Finished 12th overall & 2nd in age group in the Tupelo 14.2-miler
* Finished 12th overall & 3rd in age group in the Shelby Bottoms Boogie 15k
Now, I just have to go out and run the race. No matter what happens, I just want to enjoy it and know that I did the best I could. Thanks to everyone for your encouraging words and support. I sincerely appreciate it.