Log for September 14-17 – Training for Bank of America Chicago Marathon on October 9th. Goal for the fall and winter marathon season is to break 3:15 for the first time.
I’m behind on posting my training logs due to a business trip to Scottsdale, AZ. This will be the first of two posts to catch up.
- 6.4-Mile Easy Run – After a moderately difficult 10-mile tempo run on Tuesday, Paxton and I took it very easy today on our normal “Nature Center” loop. The temps and humidity were a bit higher than Tuesday, but overall it was still very pleasant. My legs didn’t feel too bad after the tempo run run, but we kept the pace around 9 minute miles throughout.
- 6-Mile Easy Run – Today I am in Scottsdale, AZ for training. My first session didn’t start until 9:00am, so I got out on the road for an easy run around 6am. Even this early, the temps were already in the mid 80s, and I could really tell it during the run as I felt pretty crummy. It is amazing to me how fast my heat tolerance is evaporating with the cooler temps in Tennessee. My original intention was to do 7-miles, but decided to cut it short since I felt so poor. I tried a couple of times to pick up the pace slightly, but just didn’t have it.
- Cross Training – Tonight I did P90X: Chest and Back after having a WONDERFUL dinner at Oregano’s in Scottsdale. Best pizza outside of New York or Chicago.
- 4.4-Mile Moderate Run – After feeling so crummy on Thursday, my run this morning in Scottsdale felt a lot better, even though the temps were still pretty high at 6am. Since my legs felt stronger I ended up turning this into a progression run with miles of 9:12, 8:34, 8:06, & 7:46. Really glad to feel better today.
- Travel – My flight home was originally scheduled for Saturday morning, but I was hoping to switch to a Friday evening flight if training let out early. It did let out a bit early, but all of the flights going home were booked. Hate that I missed running with some friends from our running group today. Guess this means I get to do my last long run of 22-miles by myself on Sunday morning before worship…Bummer.
- Cross Training – Tonight Olivia and I did P90X: Ab-Ripper X