I met Brian and Nathan this morning at Brian’s house for a 6-mile run “easy” through the surrounding neighborhoods along with Sneed and Temple roads. This route was out-and-back, and I felt pretty rough on the way out. My legs were very tight and just had no jump to them. It also didn’t help that the nasty humidity is firmly back after a nice reprise on Friday and Saturday mornings.
However, as soon as we turned around for the way back things started to improve dramatically, which can clearly be seen in the splits over the final three miles:
Overall this was definitely the best I’ve felt on a Monday run since starting the Hansons Advanced Plan. This is a big confidence boost, especially after my first tempo run on Saturday. Good start to week 4! Another big test comes tomorrow with my first “long” run, which is a scheduled 10-miler at 8:26 to 8:05 pace. Should be interesting.
In addition to the run, I also completed the following cross-training activities:
- Balance Lunge (25 each leg)
- Calf-Raise Squat (25 reps – 25 lb dumbbells)
- Reverse-Grip Chinup (9 reps)
- Super Skaters (25 each leg)
- Wall Squat w Ball (1 min 20 sec)
- Wide-Front Pull-Up (10 reps)
- Step-Back Lunge (15 each leg – 15 lb dumbbells)
- Deadlift Squats (20 each leg)
- Switch-Grip Pull-Ups (8 reps)
Tonight’s Workout VINYL:
by She & Him
“I dare you to train for a marathon, and not have it change your life.”