Well, now that I’m back on the bench, time to start doing what is needed to get back off the bench again. To that end I have an appointment with my orthopaedist tomorrow morning to discuss next steps. Prayers for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan would be appreciated. I’m still holding out hope that I’ll be able to run New York in November.
This afternoon I headed back to the pool for a riveting hour of aqua jogging. Every second I spend in the pool just helps me realize how much I miss running, and pushes me to stay disciplined and work hard to get back out on the road.
- Aqua Jogging >> 1 hour
- 100 Pushup Routine >> Week 4 / Level 3 / Day 1 – 120 total reps completed
– I repeated this day for the second time since I was not able to complete all the reps on either of my first attempts. It was a struggle in the last set, but I got ’em all done tonight! It’s interesting….I’ve been through this routine start to finish twice, and I’ve never had this much trouble with a single workout. Guess this means I’m getting old.
- Pullups >> 19 total reps completed
- In and Outs x 25 reps
- Seated Bicycle Forward x 25 reps
- Seated Bicycle Backward x 25 reps
- Crunchy Frog x 25 reps
- Wide Leg Sit Ups x 25 reps
- Hip Rock n’ Raise x 25 reps
- Pulse Ups x 21 reps
- Roll-Up / V-Up Combo x 25 reps
- Oblique V-Up Right x 25 reps
- Oblique V-Up Left x 25 reps
- Leg Climb x 24 reps (1 grab)
- Mason Twist x 50 reps