Yesterday’s Run (Day 22)
Yesterday marked day 2 of week 4 in my “Return to Running” program, which includes:
- 3 to 5-minute walking warmup
- 3 x 15-minute run / 1-minute walk
- 3 to 5+ minute walking cooldown
Yesterday also marked my reunion with the Bellevue Trio (Nathan and Paxton) for a morning run. I arrived a bit early at the Edwin Warner nature center to get in my walking warmup, and then we did the remainder of the run on the Harpeth River Greenway and Edwin Warner Park. It was very good to be back running with the guys, and my legs felt fantastic. After my fairly brisk run on Monday night, along with an intense leg workout, I thought I would be toast. However, we still kept the running pace around an 8:30 average. In total we finished 45 minutes of running and just over 9 minutes of walking for a total of just under 6 miles completed.
- Miles: 5.91
- Time: 54:19 minutes
- Pace: 9:12
- Shoes: adidas Energy Boost (#1)
- Route: HR Greenway
No running today (Day 23), since it is my rest day. Hope to pick back up with week 4 tomorrow.
Cross-Training (Day 22)
Cross-Training (Day 23)
- 100 Push Up Routine >> Week 4 / Level 3 / Day 2 – 141 total reps completed.
I started week 4 over again this week because of all the difficulty I had going through the first time. Definitely easier than the first time through for Day 2.
- Pullups >> 25 total reps completed
- Ran out of time for my core workout. Hope to get it in on Friday or Saturday.