Just some random thoughts about my favorite sports team…from section 310
- I don’t know how much longer Patric Hornqvist is under contract, but the Preds need to make sure he stays with the organization for a very long time. He always seems to be the hardest working player on the ice. Most of his 30+ goals this season have been down and dirty in front of the net.
- I don’t understand all of the “fans” that do nothing but criticize the team, the coaches, the management, etc. even when the Preds are doing really well. If you hate the team so much, why do you come to the games? I hear this constantly at the arena. We are lucky to have one of the best coaches and GMs in this league. The system that Trotz uses is not always the most fun to watch, but it gets the most possible out of a team built with limited funds.
- To piggy-back on the previous thought, why is David Legwand such a reviled player? I realize that he has never had the offensive production you would expect from a #2 overall draft pick, but he has been the Preds most consistent two-way player for a very long time. His line is always matched up against the opponent’s #1 line, and he consistently does a good job of shutting them down. I would also argue that he is our best and most consistent penalty killer. I for one am glad that he is a Nashville Predator.
- I don’t understand what Wade Belak brings to our team. Maybe someone can explain it to me.
- Dustin Boyd was a great pickup by Poile at the deadline. Really enjoy watching him play.
- I hope we can bring Dan Ellis back next year, though I realize this is highly unlikely.
- I’m looking forward to the playoffs, and hoping we can avoid San Jose or Detroit.
Well….that’s all for now.